Internet Technical Support Numbers:
Comcast Cable Customer Service: 615-244-5900
AT&T High Speed Internet Service (formerly Bellsouth FastAccess® DSL): 1-888-321-2375
Common Email Settings for Outlook Express
Bellsouth / ATT Email Settings
AT&T’s POP/SMTP settings have changed to inbound.att.net and outbound.att.net, but if you are using the old server settings (pop.att.yahoo.com and smtp.att.yahoo.com), they will continue to work. You do not have to change them at this time.
|att.net||inbound.att.net / 995||outbound.att.net / 465||Yes||CustomerID@att.net||POP3|
|bellsouth.net||inbound.att.net / 995||outbound.att.net / 465||Yes||CustomerID@bellsouth.net||POP3|
Comcast Email Settings
1. Open Outlook Express, select the Tools menu and click Accounts
2. Click the Mail tab to make it the active window. Select the Comcast account name you want to verify or reconfigure, then click the Properties button
3. On the General tab, ensure that the E-mail address: listed is your comcast.net address.
4. On the Servers tab, enter mail.comcast.net in the Incoming Mail (POP3) field and smtp.comcast.net in the Outgoing mail (SMTP) field. Click My server requires authentication and then click Settings.
5. On the Outgoing Mail Server settings page, select Use same settings as my incoming mail server and then click OK
6. On the Advanced tab, enter 465 or 587 in the Outgoing mail (SMTP) port number field and 995 in the Incoming mail (POP3) field. For both, click This server requires a secure connection (SSL).
7. Click OK and then Close and you will return to the main Outlook Express window. You should now be able to send and receive e-mail using Outlook Express when you are not on the Comcast High-Speed Internet network.
Google Gmail Settings
Incoming Mail (POP3) Server – requires SSL:
Use SSL: Yes
Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server – requires TLS:
smtp.gmail.com (use authentication)
Use Authentication: Yes
Use STARTTLS: Yes (some clients call this SSL)
Port: 465 or 587
Account Name: your full email address (including @gmail.com or @your_domain.com)
Email Address: your email address (firstname.lastname@example.org or username@your_domain.com)
Your Name: Enter your name as you would like it to appear in the From: field of outgoing messages.
Email Address: Enter your full email address (email@example.com). Google Apps users, enter your address in the format username@your_domain.com
Incoming mail server (IMAP): imap.gmail.com
Outgoing mail server (SMTP): smtp.gmail.com
User Name: Enter your full email address (including @gmail.com or @your_domain.com)
Password: Enter your Gmail password.
Check the box next to ‘This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL)’ under Outgoing Server (SMTP), and enter 465 in the Outgoing server (SMTP) box.