Power Cycle Cable / DSL Modem
So you were online but now you can’t get online, did your Internet go out? Gremlins take over your router? Who do you call? Comcast, ATT, Geek Squad or me? I would be super glad to charge you to fix it but you can most likely fix it yourself for free without losing part of your life force by calling Comcast or ATT for tech support. Most places would say “power cycle” your modem and this is what you do.
1. Shut down your computer.
2. Unplug the cable modem from the electrical outlet. Wait 10 seconds, and then plug the cable modem back into the electrical outlet.
3. Unplug your router from the electrical outlet for a 10 seconds then plug your router back in.
4. Wait 30 seconds to a minute then turn your computer back on.
5. If you are still not able to get online then verify the cables or wireless adapter are in correctly, sometimes unplugging it and plugging it back it in fixes the problem.
6. If still no luck then the heart wrenching experience of calling Comcast or ATT must take place to verify no outage is in the area.
7. If they say the problem exist on your end then I will need to make an onsite visit, as it could be the router or computer settings that is causing the problem.